It is amazing how often just thinking about taking care of yourself, can bring up so many uncomfortable feelings like guilt ,shame or just feeling selfish.
It is actually selfish not to selfcare!
Taking care of yourself, enables you to give more love to the people around you. If you want to help others, you need to make yourself a priority.
Deep down you know this, but maybe because of your hectic schedule, the long every day must- do list, your family, and demanding job, you put yourself at the bottom on the list; or even worse, maybe you are not even on the list!
This has to STOP!!
The most important person in your life is YOU!
Stop being afraid of taking care of yourself!
1. Be nice to yourself:
- Pretend you are your own best friend.
- Speak to yourself in the same way you would speak to your best friend.
- Be kind to yourself, avoid negative thoughts about yourself and stop talking badly to yourself.
- Get in touch with your inner dialogue. Make it loving, encouraging and supportive.
- Give yourself three compliments every morning.
- Don’t rely on any outside source to make you feel whole.
- Treat yourself with kindness. You deserve it and your loved ones deserve to experience the best version of you
2. Stop comparing yourself to others:
- Stop the comparisons. There is no one like you! The only person you should compare yourself to, is YOU!
- Know that you are special and unique.
- Focus on yourself. Be aware of your abilities, skills and interests.
- Practice gratitude for who you are.
- Appreciate who you are, your growth and accomplishments. Be proud of what you have achieved.
- Be happy for others. Rather than comparing to them, be glad for their achievements and happy moments.
- Take a break from social media if it causes self – doubt and frustration. Don’t allow social media to control you.
3. Surround yourself with positive people:
- Identify the people who lift you up.
- Set boundaries. End all toxic relationships.
- Anyone who makes you feel bad, doesn’t deserve to be part of your life.
- Find people who make you feel good about yourself and avoid those who trigger your negative thinking.
- Try meeting new people, they can be fun and give you new ideas and perspectives.
4. Learn to be alone and love the moment:
- Look for a quiet spot.
- Find your happy place, where you feel totally at ease, happy, calm and positive.
- Get comfortable with your own company.
- Take the time to calm your mind every day.
- Go inward, search how you feel.
- Be mindful of what you think, feel and want.
- Pay attention to your thoughts without judging.
5. Forgive yourself:
- Everyone makes mistakes. We need them to learn and grow.
- Let go the thing that made you feel bad or ashamed. You can’t change the past.
- Learn from your mistakes and change the future.
- Believe in your ability to change.
- Nobody is perfect. Being the best version of yourself and accepting perfection is an unrealistic goal.
6. Set boundaries:
- Be aware of your rights. Say no when you want to say it . Saying “no”, doesn´t make you a bad person, it makes you a smart person.
- Allow yourself to express what you think, feel and what you need, respectfully.
- Set boundaries and encourage others to do the same. Respect them without criticism.
- Be authentic with yourself and others if you want their respect.
- Get rid of the fear of being rejected or criticized. Stop pretending who you are not.
7. Set goals and be positive:
- Create a list of things you want to do and schedule them.
- Do what makes you happy. Every day, set time to do what you like.
- Go step by step, without pause. Enjoy your path and don’t demand too much from yourself.
- Forget the words “I can´t or it’s impossible”. Use positive and optimistic language.
- Be flexible, enjoy the unexpected.
- Live things without expectations, be open to receive the best.
- Think always on the result and not on the how´s.
- Live in the present. Enjoy the wonderful moments “the now” has for you!
When you love yourself, you glow from the inside. You attract people who love, respect and appreciate your energy. Everything starts with you and how you feel about yourself.
Start feeling worthy, valuable and deserving of receiving the best that life has to offer.